Risk Management for Infrastructure
|This course is delivered by the IRM in collaboration with Turner and Townsend.|
This advanced course establishes the knowledge and skills required to apply the fundamentals of risk management to a project, programme or portfolio within an Infrastructure capital asset delivery environment.
Over the space of two days, delegates will learn about risk management standards and the benefits they can have for their organisation. The course provides an overview of risk management, explores how to develop a functioning risk management strategy and establishes an effective, step-by-step risk management process.
This course has been developed and will be delivered by risk consultants from the UK’s leading Infrastructure risk management consultancy. It distils the field of risk management into the essentials that you need to know in order to deliver effective risk management in a major programme environment.
Turner and Townsend’s consultants will share ‘real world’ challenges and solutions in risk management from their extensive experience delivering risk management solutions to some of the UK’s largest Infrastructure programmes.
* All courses taking place after 1st January 2018 will be run through IRM Trading Limited. Those taking place within the UK will also be subject to VAT.
For all enquiries please contact the training team on +44 (0)20 7709 9808 or at email@example.com
Join the training mailing list to be informed about future dates
Risk Management Overview
- Risk management standards
- Benefits of risk management
- Optimism bias in major projects
- Decision bias in risk management thinking
Risk Management Strategy
- Risk appetite for a project
- Risk management in contract
- Programme/portfolio vs project risk management
- Risk management across the full project life cycle.
Risk Management Process
- Identify – sources of project risk, RBS, workshop protocol
- Assess – qualitative and quantitative assessment , QRA theory (schedule and cost)
- Plan – including the role of BCM
- Monitor – KPRIs, pre and post mitigation, contingency drawdown
- Report - Key metrics for decision making
Designing a project risk management framework
Project risk maturity
Who should take this course
This course has been designed to benefit any risk practitioners who work in the delivery of major infrastructure programmes.