Fundamentals of Risk Management (FoRM) Financial Services (FoRM-FS)
Traditional banking and insurance have significantly evolved in recent years. This evolution has been spurred on by lessons learned from seismic events in the financial services industry and the improvements that technology is bringing to Financial Service providers and their customers.
This online course delivered over two four-hour sessions gives participants a grounding in the fundamentals of risk management as they apply to the Financial Services industry. Participants will gain an insight into the changing landscape of risk regulation and the management of risks arising from new market players such as Fintech and Crypto.
Who should take this course:
This course would be of benefit to anyone working in, or advising, the Financial Services Industry. Typical Financial Services organisations include:
- Insurers & Reinsurers
- Credit Card Providers
- Money Lenders / Credit Unions / Mutuals
- FinTech and Crypto players
- Fund Management Service Providers
Benefits of Attending
- Understanding key risk management terminology and applications generally and specifically for the financial services sector
- Practical risk management tool kit designed for immediate use in your role
- Gaining an understanding of the changing landscape of financial services in a digital age
- Best practice sharing and networking with like-minded professionals from across the globe
- Practical insights and learning from a risk management practitioner with extensive experience in the financial services industry
- 8 CPD hours
- Develop an understanding of the key elements of a risk management framework as it applies to all industries
- Focus on understanding the financial services sector specific aspects of risk management
- Gain an understanding of the additional risk management complexities presented by the fast-paced changes in the financial services sector including Fintech and sustainable financing
- Learn about the significant role that regulation plays in the management of risk in the financial services sector
- Gain a practical understanding of financial services specific risk management tools such as RCSA
|Segment 1: Risk and Risk Management||
|Segment 2: Standards
|Segment 3: Risk Management Framework
|Segment 4: Risk Management Process||
|Segment 5: Risk based decision making||
Our commitment to your professional development:
10% off our academic qualifications: the International Certificate in Risk Management (including financial services)*
Accredited certificate at the end of the session
A year's of free affiliate membership to the IRM, including member rates on future courses
*Does not apply to the existing member rate and the low GDP rate
|20 - 21 September 2023||2 Days (9AM-1PM)||8 Hours||Online - Zoom||£700 +VAT||£800 +VAT||Book Now>>|
About the trainer
FCCA FIB IRMCert CMC MiFT
John is a high-impact contributor with extensive international experience in a range of disciplines including Risk Management, Governance, Strategy and Finance.
A Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, John draws from his 35 years corporate experience in a range of Board, Executive, and Non-Executive positions.
Board positions held include Ulster Bank (Natwest) as Executive Director, Deutsche Bank as Non-Executive Director and Ogier Law Practice as Non-Executive Director and Board Risk Committee Member.
Well respected professional with considerable expertise in advising organisations in the government, NGO and private sectors internationally including the UK, Switzerland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, India, Singapore and Hong Kong. As Lead Partner in Expert Partners, John provides Strategy and Risk advice to high-profile Clients and is a Master Trainer for the GCC Board Directors Institute (UAE) and the Institute of Risk Management (UK).
For all enquiries please contact the training team on +44 (0)20 7709 9808 or at email@example.com
Join the training mailing list to be informed about future dates