Strategic Risk Masterclass
If predicting the future was easy everyone would be doing it and we wouldn’t have any risks. But that’s not reality.
If you ever wondered why your company's risk management isn't working as it should be, then this is the workshop for you. Join John Crawley as he helps you to tackle this dilemma by splitting the masterclass into three core themes addressing the key challenges to achieving successful strategic risk management.
Are you happy with your organisation’s growth plans?
Would you be prepared to push a bit harder?
The Strategic Masterclass focuses on using risk management to take more risks in a controlled way to gain a competitive advantage.
The content will give you a grounding in risk appetite and tolerance, risk culture, strategic risk and control effectiveness. You will also gain a good understanding of Resilience, Agility and Sustainability and how they relate to the running of your organisation.
Over the course of the 3-day workshop, you will consider your strategic opportunities and their associated risks. You will weigh these options and risks against your existing resilience and agility. You will weigh up what additional capabilities and controls would be needed to pursue these opportunities in a measured and balanced way.
- Gain an understanding of how risk management can be used to achieve a competitive advantage
- Ability to identify how resilient and agile the organisation is in the face of constant change.
- To develop an understanding of the risks associated with the organisation adapting to sustainability targets
- Examine strategic risks and how they can impact your organisation
- Learn tools and techniques to measure and monitor control effectiveness
- Identify the short-term “clear and present danger” risks; their medium-term knock-on effects and their long-term existential challenges
Benefits of attending
- Taking time out to think strategically about the risks you face
- Access to a structured learning environment
- Learning from Expert Practitioners and peers in Senior Leadership roles
- Tackling risk dilemmas that organisations face by encouraging 'adult conversations'
- An opportunity to benchmark your organisation against international standards and your peers
Who should take this course
- Senior risk professionals
- Business leaders (CEOs, heads of function, senior managers)
- Assurance providers, e.g., internal and external auditors
- Non-executive directors (particularly those with responsibility for audit and risk)
- Professional advisors wishing to provide more expert support for their clients' market
Return of investment
Working with one of the IRM’s leading international practitioners you will have the opportunity to look at your organisations growth plans and access the extent to which there is more room to take managed risk and how to go about doing that.
Click here to download the full agenda in a printable format.
Day One: Strategic risk
Understand what value risk management (RM) adds to organisational strategy.
The risks around the opportunity
Day Two: The risk landscape
Why are there so many surprise risk events?
The internal risk landscape
The external risk landscape
Day Three: The future of risk management
What is the future of risk management?
Our capacity to take risks
|9-11 May 2023||IRM offices, London||£2200 +VAT||£2400 +VAT||21 Hours||Book Now>>|
About the trainer
FCCA FIB CIRM CMC MiFT
High-impact contributor with extensive experience in a range of disciplines including Finance, Risk Management, IT, HR, Strategy, Asset Management, Boardroom management and Business transformation, among others. Well-respected professional with 13 years of expertise in running as well as advising businesses in private and public sectors. Currently performing in the role of financial and risk advisor to a number of organisations and an expert trainer for the Institute of Risk Management globally.
An out-of-the-box thinker with a proven ability to devise wide-ranging solutions for resolving complex business issues including stakeholder disputes, risk management framework issues, financial restructuring, etc.
Proven track record in creating a top-notice finance and risk management infrastructure that partners with the organisation by providing decision support and reliable management information in a cost-effective and controlled environment.