The issues of poor resilience management are never far from the headlines - Industry needs to be ready and able to deal with potential emergencies and disruptive events; these can range from natural disasters like flooding or heavy snow to deliberate acts or attacks. Crises can happen suddenly (for example, an aircraft crash) or develop gradually (for example, a ‘flu epidemic or widespread industrial action).
This course aims to provide you with a practical integrated approach to the fundamental principles of risk & resilience management by promoting solutions not fear, to enable your organisation to withstand the worst.
- Develop foundational knowledge of organizational and operational risk, continuity & resilience international standards, models and best practice.
- Appreciate what is required for a strong embedded resilient culture and how to implement this from the daily operational rhythm to a major incident.
- Work to understand the risk and resilience tools and techniques and when is the right time to use them.
- Understand the interaction of risk assessment and business impact analysis.
- How risk and continuity can be incorporated into strategic plans, risk appetite and tolerance
- How risk and resilience management can be used to support your organisation in achieving its objectives.
- You will learn about risk and resilience standards, regulation and best practice whilst using these principles to drive your organisation to become resilient.
- Effectively use tools and techniques to improve resilience capability at operational and organisational levels.
- Understand how people and their own risk behaviors may cause potential insider threats and find suitable solutions for how to identify and manage these threats and vulnerabilities.
- Tools and techniques to focus on risk and resilience-based thinking, decision making, and communication embedded into the operational rhythm of your organisation.
- Tools and techniques to implement a risk and resilience framework.
Who should take this course
- Risk Champions
- Risk Analysts
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Heads of Department
- Operations Managers
- HR Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- HSE Managers
- Security Managers
- Finance Managers
- IT Managers
|1 Day||6 Hours||London||£495 +VAT||£595 +VAT|
For all enquiries please contact the training team on +44 (0)20 7709 9808 or at email@example.com
About the trainer
Grant has extensive senior management experience working within the Aerospace & Aviation Industry with; BAE Systems, Airbus, BAA and Global Infrastructure Partners. Over the last few years, Grant has been Managing Director at KRisk and has supported many diverse organisations improve their risk profile through learning solutions and consultancy. Throughout his career he has based his approach on the principles of risk management standards and has successfully implemented integrated management systems that have achieved multiple ISO standard certifications.
Grant has a rare blend of experience, skills and knowledge which he applies to influencing and improving operational management, quality and risk performance drawing on a broad range of interrelated Degree, Post Graduate & Professional risk qualifications to support his proven ability.
Grant is a highly regarded and experienced trainer with the IRM, delivering Public and Tailored In-House courses including for the Dubai Water and Electricity Authority.