Risk and Resilience
The issues of poor resilience management are never far from the headlines - Industry needs to be ready and able to deal with potential emergencies and disruptive events; these can range from natural disasters like flooding or heavy snow to deliberate acts or attacks. Crises can happen suddenly (for example, an aircraft crash) or develop gradually (for example, a ‘flu epidemic or widespread industrial action).
This course aims to provide you with a practical integrated approach to the fundamental principles of risk & resilience management by promoting solutions not fear, to enable your organisation to withstand the worst.
- Develop foundational knowledge of organizational and operational risk, continuity & resilience international standards, models and best practice.
- Appreciate what is required for a strong embedded resilient culture and how to implement this from the daily operational rhythm to a major incident.
- Work to understand the risk and resilience tools and techniques and when is the right time to use them.
- Understand the interaction of risk assessment and business impact analysis.
- How risk and continuity can be incorporated into strategic plans, risk appetite and tolerance
- How risk and resilience management can be used to support your organisation in achieving its objectives.
- You will learn about risk and resilience standards, regulation and best practice whilst using these principles to drive your organisation to become resilient.
- Effectively use tools and techniques to improve resilience capability at operational and organisational levels.
- Understand how people and their own risk behaviors may cause potential insider threats and find suitable solutions of how to identify and manage these threats and vulnerabilities.
- Tools and techniques to focus on risk and resilience-based thinking, decision making, and communication embedded into the operational rhythm of your organisation.
- Tools and techniques to implement a risk and resilience framework.
Who should take this course
- Risk Champions
- Risk Analysts
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Heads of Department
- Operations Managers
- HR Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- HSE Managers
- Security Managers
- Finance Managers
- IT Managers
|21 Nov 2019||1 Day||6 Hours||London||£495*||£595*||Book now »|
* All courses taking place after 1st January 2018 will be run through IRM Trading Limited. Those taking place within the UK will also be subject to VAT.
For all enquiries please contact the training team on +44 (0)20 7709 9808 or at email@example.com
Join the training mailing list to be informed about future dates