Meets throughout the year to host special events for IRM members.
An exploration of the importance of the future risk manager in understanding the impact of risk leadership in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world and ethical behaviour in providing assurance on governance, risk and compliance matters.
- An article by Group Chair Zanele Makhubo
Future meetings will be announced in due course.
Launching the IRM journey across Africa
The IRM South Africa regional group would like to invite you to our event on Tuesday 28 May. The underlying theme will be how can African risk managers and organisations operating within its borders remain flexible and resilient in order to thrive in an ever-changing national and continental context and associated risk landscape.
What the delegates should expect:
• to gain insight into the African risk landscape coupled with key continent-wide scenarios that organisations and risk managers should prepare for. We will also discuss what the African Union is doing to develop strategic thinking among emerging leaders.
• to understand how the national risk landscape is expected to evolve after the general elections in May. South Africa’s risk landscape has been equally, or perhaps even more, volatile than the African environment last year. We will also take a look at the latest South African scenario gameboard.
• a panel Discussion including a Q&A which will unpack the key risks and trends that risks managers in South Africa and across Africa should be aware of in line with the IRM Risk Agenda 2025.
• to learn how scenario planning and organisational strategy should link into their risk management efforts.
• to learn about the IRM, its value proposition, and how to get involved.
|Date:||Tuesday 28 May 2019|
|Time:||8.00 - 13.00|
|Location:||Johannesburg War Museum, 22 Erlswold Way, Johannesburg, 2132, South Africa|
View the presentation slides here.
View the guest speaker's presentation here.
The Future Risk Manager
|Date:||4th October 2018|
|Time:||8.30 - 13.00|
|Date:||11th September 2017|
|Time:||10:00 - 12:00|
|Contact:||Please contact IRM events for booking enquiries: email@example.com|
|Registration:||Book now »
Visit MyIRM for more information and to download presentations from previous meetings.
Banner Image: Flickr/Martin Heigan
Group contact details
Head of Education
Deputy Head of Membership and Communications
Head of Membership and Communications
Head of Finance and Special Projects
Head of Thought Leadership
If you live or work in South Africa and would like to attend a group meeting please join the Group mailing list above.