Purpose of the group
The IRM India Regional Group is an extension of the activities pursued by the IRM India Affiliate. IRM in India is focused on empowering the students, professionals and all types of organisations with IRM’s globally recognised 5-Level qualifications and customised industry trainings in enterprise risk management.
The group aims to expand IRM’s global risk community by advancing and generating value for the ERM profession in India with the highest standards of ethics, education, research and knowledge that improves outcomes for organisations through our qualified students and members.
The group promotes the development of an ecosystem for: professionals, business owners, academics, entrepreneurs and students from an enterprise risk management perspective and seeks to educate and continuously evaluate its application across sectors. The group, on request, may invite participation from members in the following areas:
- Sharing regional / Indian perspectives, thoughts and ideas for the global platform
- Providing risk-related inputs on various sectors of the Indian economy
- Contributing to thought leadership publications, surveys and research
- Participating in panel discussions, online webinars and events
- Expansion of risk management education in India and enhancing knowledge
For more information about IRM India Affiliate, please visit www.theirmindia.org.
You can join the IRM India Regional Group on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12424753/
Aims and Objectives
1. Promote enterprise risk management as a preferred career amongst students, academics and professionals in a growing market like India, where there is a huge need for risk professionals across the spectrum.
2. Work on research, thought leadership and surveys on India specific topics.
3. Launch webinars and workshops in collaboration with trade bodies, associations.
4. Support IRM in expanding it's global community in India through policy advocacy, working with various stakeholders, working with IRM India Affiliate's advisory board of business leaders & chief risk officers to discuss contemporary issues.
5. Organise sector groups / SIGs to discuss sector specific issues and come up with advisory / guidance notes.
and the Indian Higher
IRM India Regional Group Report
Group Chair: Hersh Shah