in Enterprise Risk Management
Principles of risk and risk management
Practice of risk management
|Module 1 provides an introduction to the principles and concepts of risk and risk management. It explores the history of risk management to help you gain an understanding of current drivers of enterprise risk management, as well as the development and impact of international standards.||Module 2 explores the impact of the global business environment on risk. It examines issues that are relevant to specific sectors and geographical areas, and the needs and demands of various stakeholder groups, including regulatory authorities.|
How can the IRM help you in your career?
Watch the video below to hear how the IRM has helped Alexander Larsen CFIRM in his career.
- The course consists of two modules which you will study together. Each module will be assessed by examination. You will sit your exams for both modules in the same exam period.
- It provides an entry route into the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management.
- After completing the certificate you will be able to use the internationally recognised membership designation IRMCert. This is the first step in becoming a Certified Member (CMIRM) of the IRM.
- Students have two years to complete the Certificate modules from the date of enrolment.
You do not need any prior qualifications to start your studies in the International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management; however, students are expected to have some knowledge of risk management tools and techniques.
Examination Dates, Centres & Policies
For more information on exam dates, the locations of our exam centres and for all other exam details, please go to:
In addition to online distance learning, we have launched a blended learning option for students who prefer a more interactive learning experience. These student-centered workshops will reinforce your understanding of the material and help you develop the practical skills needed to put your learning into practice.
The enrolment period for the November 2019 exam session is now open until 31st May 2019
- Standard rate: £1,995
- Member rate: £1,795
- Reduced rate: £1,715 (for low GDP countries)
What is included
- Examination fees.
- Core text eBooks and study materials. These will be available from 1st August 2018 for the June 2019 exams.
- Access to the online student resource centre - ‘The Study’.
- Access to a Module coach and LinkedIn study groups.
- Free IRM membership for the duration of your study.
- Automatic upgrade to IRMCert member upon successful completion.
This qualification is the stepping stone onto the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management, the gold standard in Enterprise Risk Management qualifications.