Vacancy - Chief Risk Officer - Cayman Islands Government
Salary: CI$101,436 – CI$136,428 per annum*
(approx. US$123,703 – US$165,377)
* increasing by 2% from September, 2022
Closing date: Friday 12th August, 2022
The Office of the Deputy Governor, Cayman Islands Government, is currently inviting applications for the post of Chief Risk Officer.
The Chief Risk Officer is the leading Civil Service professional tasked with developing, maintaining and overseeing an effective Enterprise Risk Management System (ERM) across the Cayman Islands Government, which will ensure that significant risks are assessed and mitigated effectively.
This is a new role, which will provide direct strategic support to Ministries/Portfolios within the Core Government, as well as advice and guidance to Statutory Authorities and Government-Owned Companies.
Typical duties of the Chief Risk Officer will include:
- reviewing, providing direction on, and further developing an existing broad ERM framework - including ensuring the creation of a fit-for purpose governance model;
- designing, implementing and monitoring systems, policies and tools of risk management within Government Ministries and Portfolios;
- completing risk analysis and reporting, including proactive high level/strategic reporting, as well as specific reactive reports;
- proactively developing a positive risk culture within the Cayman Islands Government, as well as the Statutory Authorities and Government Owned Companies – to include the creation of training and awareness programmes, as well as ensuring ERM is incorporated within corporate organizational planning; and
- the operational supervision of a Senior Policy Advisor (Risk Management).
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
As a minimum, applicants should possess:
- a relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or College, preferably in Risk Management; and
- a recognized Accounting, Finance or Risk Management qualification.
Ideally applicants should also hold a Master’s degree in Risk Management, Business Administration or Public Administration, together with professional risk-related qualifications (e.g. COSO Enterprise Management Certificate).
It is essential that applicants are seasoned professionals with at least 10 years’ of relevant experience, including 5 years at a senior management level within a large, complex organization. Significant experience of risk management is also required, together with a broad knowledge of all matters relating to risk management (including risk analysis, theory, frameworks, ERM, metrics and mitigation).
Applicants must have:
- proven risk management, leadership and supervisory skills;
- an analytical mind with the ability to solve unprecedented problems;
- a high level of interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence people at all levels;
- a strong ethical and professional approach to the conduct of business affairs;
- an ability to exercise judgement, confidence, diplomacy and confidentiality.
For a detailed job description and to register, complete and submit an application, please visit the Cayman Islands Government e-recruitment site at www.careers.gov.ky Please note that no income tax is payable in the Cayman Islands (currently CI$1.00 = GBP£1.01, US$1.22), and the remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory pension scheme and medical insurance.