Armed Forces Community Group
Purpose of the group
The main purposes of the group will be to:
- To provide a community of like-minded individuals with a common interest in the risk management profession to better serve the Armed Forces Community.
- To support members of the Armed Forces Community in their professional development.
- To attract members of the Armed Forces Community to the training, services and membership benefits of the IRM.
Aims and Objectives
- Using the network of the Armed Forces Community to promote IRM training, IRM services and IRM membership benefits to attract new customers and membership to the IRM.
- To provide a support group to the IRM to help them communicate to the Armed Forces Community in a more understandable way.
- To physically or virtually attend career transition fairs and workshops to support members of the Armed Forces during their transition into civilian roles.
- To support the IRM with the promotion and further development of training courses with the Armed Forces Community as a specific target audience.
- To establish a mentoring scheme that can support the Armed Forces Community in managing their career and professional development.
- To support the IRM and its employees with achieving the aims of the Armed Forces Covenant.