The Inaugural meeting of the Institute of Operational Risk, Nigeria Chapter was hosted by United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc in Lagos on April 7, 2011. We have commenced the process of getting the Chapter registered, as affiliate of the Institute of Operational Risk London, with the following as aims:
- Promoting the development and discipline of operational risk in Nigeria
- Fostering and maintaining investigation and research into the best means and methods of developing and applying the discipline of operational risk to ensure the continual improvement of methods, techniques and knowledge
- Encouraging, disseminating and promoting knowledge, education and training and exchanging of information and ideas and on-going professional development and networking.
- Developing a robust and informative centre for operational risk management.
- Ensuring sound practice guidance through the development/adoption of series of sound practice guidance papers providing the know-how for a variety of operational risk management practices. This shall be accomplished, among others, through the adoption of the sound practice documents as shall be issued by the Institute of Operational Risk London from time to time.
- Determining what standards of knowledge and skill shall to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the Institute and raising those standards from time to time as may be directed by the mother body in London.