Purpose of the group
The IRM India Regional Group is an extension of the activities pursued by the IRM India Affiliate. IRM in India is focused on empowering the students, professionals and all types of organisations with IRM’s globally recognised 5-Level qualifications and customised industry trainings in enterprise risk management.
The group aims to expand IRM’s global risk community by advancing and generating value for the ERM profession in India with the highest standards of ethics, education, research and knowledge that improves outcomes for organisations through our qualified students and members.
The group promotes the development of an ecosystem for: professionals, business owners, academics, entrepreneurs and students from an enterprise risk management perspective and seeks to educate and continuously evaluate its application across sectors. The group, on request, may invite participation from members in the following areas:
- Sharing regional / Indian perspectives, thoughts and ideas for the global platform
- Providing risk-related inputs on various sectors of the Indian economy
- Contributing to thought leadership publications, surveys and research
- Participating in panel discussions, online webinars and events
- Expansion of risk management education in India and enhancing knowledge
For more information about IRM India Affiliate, please visit www.theirmindia.org.
You can join the IRM India Regional Group on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12424753/
Aims and Objectives
1. Promote enterprise risk management as a preferred career amongst students, academics and professionals in a growing market like India, where there is a huge need for risk professionals across the spectrum.
2. Work on research, thought leadership and surveys on India specific topics.
3. Launch webinars and workshops in collaboration with trade bodies, associations.
4. Support IRM in expanding it's global community in India through policy advocacy, working with various stakeholders, working with IRM India Affiliate's advisory board of business leaders & chief risk officers to discuss contemporary issues.
5. Organise sector groups / SIGs to discuss sector specific issues and come up with advisory / guidance notes.
Preparing for the next decade: A risk perspective
Risk managers may not be in charge of taking business or strategic decisions, but they are critical contributors to the decision-making process. With the world entering a new normal and economies racing on the road to recovery, it's time to plan for the next decade with better responses to emerging black swan events. In this webinar, IRM qualified professionals will crystal ball gaze into the future.
• Vighnesh Chandrasekar GradIRM, Senior Manager - Risk Consulting at Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers
• Sunder Natarajan CMIRM, Chief Compliance & Risk Officer at IndiaFirst Life
• Vishesh Wadhwa, IRM Level 1 Qualified, Intern at Acies Consulting
• Ramit Sethi, IRM Level 1 Qualified, Director CCAR Reporting - Finance Group at Morgan Stanley
|Date:||Saturday 6th February 2021|
|Time:||16.30 - 17.30 IST (11.00 - 12.00 GMT)|
|Registration:||Click here to register|
IRM's India RIG in collaboration with EY India masterclass - Combating fraud using technology
|Date:||Thursday, 10th December 2020|
|Time:||18.00 - 19.00 IST (12.30 - 13.30 GMT)|
This masterclass was hosted in partnership with EY India
Risk management in travel and tourism
|Date:||Friday, 14th August 2020|
|Time:||17.00 - 18.00 IST (12.30 - 13.30 BST )|