- About membership
Special Interest Groups
- Climate Change
- Energy and renewables
- ERM in Insurance
- Financial Services
- Health and Care
- Infrastructure risk
- Legal Risk
- Nuclear Industry
- Operational Risk
- Risk and Complexity
- The Internal Model Industry Forum (IMIF)
- Non-Executive Directors and Chief Risk Officers SIG
- Midlands (UK)
- North East England
- North West England
- South West England
- Belgium and Luxembourg
- East Africa
- Iraq - Middle East
- Kingdoms of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain
- South Africa
- Spain and Latin America
- United Arab Emirates
- IOR - Thailand Chapter
- IOR - Scottish Chapter
- IOR - Nigeria Chapter
- IOR - Japan Chapter
- IOR - Hong Kong Chapter
- IOR - England and Wales Chapter
- IOR - Irish Chapter
- IOR - German Chapter
Join our mailing list
Sign up to our free mailing list to stay updated on the latest from the IRM.Subscribe Now
If you're serious about your career in risk management, why not maximise your potential by becoming a Certified Member (CMIRM)?
Certification is the professional membership grade of IRM. It gives you an instantly recognisable badge of professionalism, demonstrating that you have the required technical competence, experience and a commitment to your own professional development.
Certified Members gain the designation CMIRM and can use the title Certified Risk Professional after their name.
To become a Certified Member, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Qualification: Achieved IRM's International Diploma in Risk Management.
- Experience: A minimum of three years' practical experience in a risk role.
- Continuing Professional Development: A minimum of 30 hours per year of CPD activities.
- Code of Conduct: Commitment to the highest standards of behaviour, integrity and ethics by following the IRM's Professional Code of Conduct.
Senior Executive Route to Certified Membership
If you hold a senior strategic and decision-making risk role and have a minimum of 8 years' senior experience you might be eligible to apply for Certified Membership without having to take a qualification.