- About membership
Special Interest Groups
Armed Forces Community
- Climate Change
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) Special Interest Group
- ERM in Insurance
- Health and Care
- Infrastructure Risk
- Nuclear Industry
- Risk and Complexity
- The Internal Model Industry Forum (IMIF)
Non-Executive Directors and Chief Risk Officers Group
- Risk Leadership in Challenging Projects, Programmes and Organisations Group
- Armed Forces Community
- Midlands (UK)
- North East England
- North West England
- South West England
- Belgium and Luxembourg
- East Africa
Iraq - Middle East
- Kingdoms of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain
- South Africa
- Spain and Latin America
- United Arab Emirates
IOR - Thailand Chapter
- IOR - Scottish Chapter
- IOR - Nigeria Chapter
IOR - Japan Chapter
- IOR - Hong Kong Chapter
- IOR - England and Wales Chapter
- IOR - Irish Chapter
- IOR - German Chapter
Join our mailing list
Sign up to our free mailing list to stay updated on the latest from the IRM.Subscribe Now
- Join our community
- About membership
- Membership grades
- Certified Membership
If you're serious about your career in risk management, why not maximise your potential by becoming a Certified Member (CMIRM)?
Certification is the professional membership grade of IRM. It gives you an instantly recognisable badge of professionalism, demonstrating that you have the required technical competence, experience and a commitment to your own professional development.
Certified Members gain the designation CMIRM and can use the title Certified Risk Professional after their name.
To become a Certified Member, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Qualification: Achieved IRM's International Diploma in Risk Management.
- Experience: A minimum of three years' practical experience in a risk role.
- Continuing Professional Development: A minimum of 30 hours per year of CPD activities.
- Code of Conduct: Commitment to the highest standards of behaviour, integrity and ethics by following the IRM's Professional Code of Conduct.
Apply for Certified Membership »
Senior Executive Route to Certified Membership
If you hold a senior strategic and decision-making risk role and have a minimum of 8 years' senior experience you might be eligible to apply for Certified Membership without having to take a qualification.