Meets throughout the year to host special events for IRM members.
For all enquiries please contact email@example.com
Cyber Event: Part Two
|Date||Tuesday 22nd January 2019|
|Location||Crowe Clark Whitehill, St. Bride’s House, 10 Salisbury Square, London EC4Y 8EH|
|Book now||Book now|
- Welcome and recap of Part One by Alyson Pepperill, IRM Charities SIG Chair and Client Projects Director at Gallagher
- Managing cyber risks – Alastair Allison, Chair IRM Cyber and Information Management Group and Director of Enterprise Risk at BUPA
- Cyber insurance claims review – James Burns, Cyber Product Leader at CFC Underwriting
- How are charities tackling cyber risks – Brian Shorten, Charities Security Forum
- How are you tackling cyber risk? – Practical Session
What we do
The IRM Risk Special Interest Group was established over 10 years ago to provide practical guidance for charities about managing risk and opportunities for sharing knowledge, tips and best practice amongst sector professionals. Our overall aim is to increase the sector's knowledge of risk management best practice, explore practical solutions for managing sector challenges (such as new regulation requirements), and provide a forum where risk professionals can meet to learn from one another and share up to date risk management practice.
How IRM's Charities Group helps organisations manage their risks
Watch the video below to hear Alyson Pepperill give insights into IRM's Charities Special Interest Group (SIG).
Feedback from the sector continues to indicate that regulatory compliance remains a key area of focus. Regulatory risk is how your organisation manages compliance with regulations and legislation within what is a very rapidly changing landscape (for example, 2018 will see updated regulation of data protection compliance [General Data Protection Regulations]). To respond to this we plan to develop a practical guide focused on managing risk and regulation which we will research and develop during 2018 – once again pulling on sector expertise and knowledge. We are also keen to develop additional short practice guides/risk snapshotssuch as how to conduct a deep dive into a particular risk area, how to communicate and embed risk management, and we will publish an update to our ‘Getting Started’ guidance once updates to ISO 31000 are published.
We will also host 4 free of charge seminars (see our event plan below), publish documents onto the website and hold peer review sessions to pilot and challenge our practice guides.
2018 events plan
Please note: dates are still to be confirmed and topic areas may change as driven by the needs of the Risk SIG members and sector environmental factors. All events are free to charity sector risk experts and practitioners.
- Winter event: 1st March 2018
- Topics: Results of the 2018 survey, launch of our guidance “Risk Management: Structures and Accountabilities for Charities”, GDPR case study.
- Spring event: 26th April
- Topics: World Economic Forum results and how to employ Horizon Scanning techniques
- Summer event: June/July
- Topics: Exploration of what happens when the flavour of the day topic takes resource, energy and money and how we get better at embedding risk management.
- Autumn event: October
- Topics: Sector stocktake of how risk management is progressing and linking this back to our Getting Better practice guide, and an update on our 2018 publications.
If you have a suggested topic area for consideration please contact Alyson Pepperill at Alyson_Pepperill@ajg.com.
How to join the IRM Charity Risk SIG
If you want to learn more about risk management and how the sector manages it, if you want to share your knowledge and learn from your peers, or if you simply want to keep in touch with what’s happening then please join our mailing list where we will ensure that you receive invitations to our events, copies of our publications when launched, and our newsletters.
IRM Charities SIG practical guides
Getting started with risk management
- Risk Management for charities: getting started flyer (updated June 2018)
- Risk Management for charities: getting started guide (updated June 2018)
- Risk management for charities: Getting better (February 2017) - presentation
- 'Getting Started' presentations
- Charities SIG Risk Maturity Framework
- Risk management for charities: Setting your risk appetite (February 2017) - presentation
- 'Setting the risk appetite' flyer
- 'Setting the risk appetite' guide
Risk and Regulation
Visit MyIRM for more information and to download presentations from previous meetings.