Our rolling programme of events range from one day conferences, topical briefings, special interest group meetings to awards. They offer unique networking opportunities and relevance to professionals at all levels.
We work in partnership with other professional institutes and relevant commercial partners to provide the most up to date events programme to both our members and the wider risk profession.
There are many sponsorship and exhibition opportunities at IRM events. Sponsorship deals start from as little as £1,000 + VAT.
If you are interested or want an informal chat, please contact Chris Glennie on:
+44 (0) 20 7709 4113
2019 Kuwait ERM Conference
The IRM is pleased to be supporting the 2019 Conference where we will also be launching our new 'IRM Energy Survey 2018 results' report.
IRM staff and members speaking at the event include:
- Carolyn Williams CMIRM, Director of Corporate Relations, IRM
- Rahat Latif CMIRM, Head of ERM & BCM at Qatargas
- Alexander Larsen, CFIRM, President of Baldwin Global Risk Services Ltd
MEETIG8 | IRM - January Networking Evening
MEETIG8, in conjunction with the IRM invites you to our January Networking Evening for a night of drinks, light snacks, great conversations and to hear from our distinguished guest speakers, Aileen Gillan and Richard Gossage.
With the continued rollout of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Senior Managers are more accountable than ever before for setting the right risk culture and conduct in their organisations. Does this elevate the role of the risk and compliance professional? If so, what are the distinct attributes and characteristics that are required of risk and compliance people to discharge their responsibilities effectively? Hear from Aileen and Richard as they share their perspectives on accountability, culture and conduct in financial services.
About our speakers
- Aileen Gillan is the Chief Risk Officer of Metro Bank (metrobankonline.co.uk). As CRO, Aileen is responsible for management and oversight of the risk and control framework across the bank. A qualified barrister, Aileen spent the first ten years of her career in a number of advisory roles. Aileen joined Metro Bank from Lloyds Banking Group, where she was Chief Risk Officer for the Asset Finance businesses. Prior to that, she was accountable for the management of risk and compliance across a range of businesses in major financial institutions.
- Richard Gossage is the Managing Director of Copper Bottom Mentoring (www.copperbottom.net), a business that provides mentoring, coaching and executive development services to board members, senior and middle management and those with potential to be tomorrow’s leaders. With over 3 decades of experience in banking and risk consulting in the UK, Australia and beyond, Richard is currently the Chair of the IRM’s Executive Route Certified Member Assessment Panel and has recently been appointed to the global advisory board of Meetig8.
Our Special Interest Groups and Regional Groups hold events throughout the year. Click on the links below to see what's currently available.