Qatar RIG webinar - Quantitative risk management
To register for this event, please contact the events team, quoting the webinar name
Our two guest quantitative risk management expert speakers Thomas Pechlaner and Geir Robinson will reflect on their practical experience in quantitative risk and how it can be utilized in various areas of operations. They will focus on how to calculate risk following a structured approach and methodology and how to communicate risk to the board room using quantitative methods and techniques that provide a view of risk rather than the normal quantitative risk assessment methods.
Thomas Pechlaner, Sustainable investments and ESG capacity building at Risk Management Expert
Thomas has a track record of almost 20 years of delivery in global commodity trading, origination, and asset optimization businesses with a focus on enabling growth strategies as well as effective risk management:
- Led and coached diverse teams of up to 15 reports. Set team priorities and achieved targets for activities ranging from valuation model/price curve validation and performance reporting to market risk analysis.
- Built partnerships based on collaboration and trust with stakeholders including senior leaders of trading businesses and supporting functions.
- Proactively and clearly communicated key opportunities and risks based on a deep understanding of commodity markets, asset values, risk considerations, and commercial structures.
- Promoted continuous improvement and sustainable development through standardization, simplification, automation, capacity building, and inclusion.
Geir Robinson, Director and Co-Founder of Climate Neutral Commodity
- Geir is Director and Co-Founder of Climate Neutral Commodity
- Geir was the Chief Risk Officer/Director at BP.
- His past positions within BP include: Head of Group Risk, Vice President Macondo Oil Spill Claims, COO Internal Audit, Audit Director Alternative Energy, Director Risk Projects.
-Geir was the Director of Enterprise Risk Services at Deloitte, London, UK between 2002 and 2005.
Facilitated by Hatem Elsafty SIRM, Partner at Mazars and Chair of the Qatar RIG.
Attendance at this webinar will earn 1.5 hours of CPD.