Digital Risk Management Certificate
This new specialist Certificate, awarded by the IRM and developed with support from the WMG Cyber Security Centre at the University of Warwick and the University’s Department of Politics and International Studies, has been designed to equip individuals to apply and develop their skills in an increasingly digital world.
The qualification provides an introduction to the concepts of digital risk management and explains how new technologies and digitalisation are disrupting businesses, changing the risk environment for organisations of all types and posing new ethical challenges. It explores how appropriate risk management tools and techniques can be applied, adapted and developed in the digital context and provides a detailed introduction to cyber security principles and practices.
In the video below, the IRM's Director of Corporate Relations, Carolyn Williams, introduces the new Digital Risk Management Certificate and answers some key questions about the qualification.
- The Certificate consists of one module which is assessed by examination at the end of the course.
- Students have one year to complete the Certificate from the date of the exam session for which they are enrolled.
You can listen to our free introductory webinar on our BrightTalk platform, featuring a panel discussion from experts working in risk management around: How to protect your organisation in a digital world and more information on the certificate.
- Stephen Treece, CFIRM, Head of Corporate Risk, NHS Digital
- Steve O'Neill, Credit Risk Skills & Risk Academy, Barclays
- Alexander Larsen, CFIRM, President, Baldwin Global Risk Services Ltd
You do not need any prior qualifications or experience to start your studies.
Examination dates, centres and policies
For information on the examination, please go to:
The enrolment period for the November 2019 exam session is now open until 28th February 2019 and is offered at the special introductory price of £995
What is included
- Examination fees.
- Study materials - these will be available from 1st March 2019 for the November 2019 exam. This does not include the core textbooks.
- Access to the online student resource centre - ‘The Study’.
- Access to a Module coach and LinkedIn study groups.
- For non-members: Free IRM membership for the duration of your study.