Framework and Structure
The Professional Standards Framework is made up of standards and behavioural competences.
1. Professional standards – these describe the ‘what’ – i.e. the knowledge and skills needed to do the job. There are four functional areas, each of which has a number of components:
- Risk management principles and practice<
- Organisational environment
- External operating environment
- Risk management strategy and architecture
- Risk management policy and procedures
- Risk culture and appetite
- Risk performance and reporting
- Risk assessment
- Risk treatment
- Communication and consultation
- Change management
- People management
2. Behavioural competencies – these describe the ‘how’ – i.e. the personal qualities and behaviours needed to do the job well. There are six behavioural competencies.