About the role
TRL is the UK's Transport Research Laboratory, recognised world-wide for over 75 years of evidential research, technical consultancy and impartial advice that contributes to the shaping and forming of transport decisions and policy.
TRL is a valued provider of research knowledge, innovative technology and technical expertise to the UK Highways Agency and Department for Transport, and to the UK and European railway industry, working with the European Commission and associated agencies: DfT, RSSB, Network Rail, train operating companies and many other organisations.
We are seeking to recruit a Risk Management Specialist to play a key delivery role within our work for both the Rail and Highways markets. The role will require an enthusiastic candidate who is an expert in Safety and Risk Management Systems and Research and can apply their knowledge to other market sectors.
Skills and Experience
The suitable candidate will have:
- Practical knowledge of risk assessment, risk management and safety management systems
- A thorough understanding of tolerability of risk and its application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to adapt reporting style to client’s requirements
- Creativity in identifying how client’s technical needs can be resolved
- Self-motivation, being able to both lead and work as a member of a team
- Track record in working co-operatively, with a proven ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of applying risk management skills and knowledge in the transport sector
- A qualification in occupational health and safety
- Membership of IOSH
About TRL and what we can offer you
TRL can offer a flexible and rewarding business environment, a world-leading reputation in our sector and a salary and benefits package based on your level of expertise.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV giving details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration and contact details quoting reference 33/12 to firstname.lastname@example.org