Leading the way in risk management
IRM's International Diploma in Risk Management is a broadly based postgraduate qualification for the risk management professional.
The Diploma is unique, as it has been developed through extensive collaboration between leading educational thinkers and academics, in partnership with risk practitioners from across the world. Offered on a part time, flexible, distance learning basis, it provides the opportunity to obtain an internationally recognised risk qualification that is independent of any business sector.
The programme is designed to equip today's practitioners to become the risk managers of tomorrow, through the development of a solid, progressive and practical set of skills which in turn enhance career portability and personal status and reward.
The Diploma is more than just a qualification: completion offers an entry route to IRM membership which, in addition to providing extensive benefits relevant to working risk professionals, also provides valuable networking opportunities.
What are the entry requirements for the Diploma?
You are eligible to study for the Diploma if you have:
- IRM International Certificate in Risk Management
- A first degree: at least a 2:2 from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification from a non-UK Institute
- An equivalent level professional qualification and at least 3 years risk management associated experience
- No formal qualifications, but 3 or more years risk management experience at a senior level
Who should take the programme?
The Diploma is relevant to and will be of value to the following:
||Risk management professionals who have the desire to become future risk managers
||Newly qualified graduates wishing to develop their knowledge and practical skills in risk management to enhance their career opportunities
Those who have qualified in a related discipline and are seeking to broaden their knowledge and understanding of risk management including:
- Auditors, accountants and advisors of governance
- Project, programme and change managers
- Insurance underwriters, claims handlers, brokers and client managers
- Loss adjusters and consultants
- Safety, health and environment professionals
- Lawyers and legal consultants
- Banking and financial services professionals
- Engineers and surveyors
- Local authority, public service and charity professionals
- Anyone seeking to develop their knowledge beyond the Certificate in Risk Management