Open your eyes to the world of risk management
Certificate brochure - (pdf - 559Kb)
The International Certificate in Risk Management is a broadly based introductory qualification. There are no entry requirements, so anyone with an interest in risk management can apply. It provides a practical platform to pursue a career in risk management and is also a base for further development for those already pursuing a career in a complimentary discipline.
Offered internationally on a flexible, distance learning basis, the Certificate provides a straightforward opportunity to obtain a recognised risk qualification independent of any one business sector. However, it is more than just a qualification; completion offers an entry route to IRM membership.
The aim of the International Certificate in Risk Management is to:
- Provide an introduction to the theory and practice of risk management
- Reflect current risk management thinking, regulations and practices and how they impact modern organisations across the world
- Offer a comprehensive and balanced approach
- Deliver a recognised entry level qualification and provide a basis for advancement to the IRM International Diploma
- Provide eligibility to apply for the recognised membership grade of Certificant (CIRM)
Who should take the programme?
The Certificate is relevant to and will be of value to the following:
- Those newly practising or not yet formally qualified as risk managers
- Auditors, accountants and advisors on governance
- Project, programme and change managers
- Insurance underwriters, claims handlers, brokers and client managers
- Loss adjusters and consultants
- Safety, health and environmental professionals
- Lawyers and legal consultants
- Banking and financial services professionals
- Anyone seeking a formal risk management qualification
- Anyone requiring an entry route onto the International Diploma in Risk Management